A long term replacement for the current Brighton Centre remains an aspiration for the City and the regeneration of the immediate surrounding area. An active discussion is ongoing with Standard Life Investments and their partners regarding possible options for bringing this forward.
Other plans are at various stages of development for sites around the city, including:
- Continuing to seek a funding solution to deliver a new leisure/entertainment facility at Black Rock funded by the private sector
- Regeneration of the Circus Street, Edward Street, and the Lewes Road area, with the submission of the planning application for Circus Street imminent.
- Continue regeneration of the London Road area including implementation of permanent improvement in Providence Place commencing 2014 and public realm improvements across the wider area
- Achieving a financial close for the i360 project at the West Pier and a start on site in 2014
- Exploring options for the redeveloping the King Alfred site and retaining the present centre until that point
- Shoreham Harbour regeneration