Given the recent national strategy developments, it is timely to review the drug and alcohol services available locally, and undertake a re-tendering exercise to shape the future delivery of services (with the new services in place by 1 April 2015).
Whilst this development work takes place, the ongoing service improvement work streams will continue. These are:
- Ongoing review of existing services to ensure they focus on recovery and reintegration
- Establishment of an evening clinic session for novel psychoactive substance users away from ‘traditional’ treatment services
- Work with colleagues from the Pain Clinic to identify individuals who could benefit from support to detox from pain killers
- Development of a Brighton and Hove Recovery Communication strategy with a view to changing the community perspective regarding people in recovery.
- Work with Work Programme Providers to support more people into employment.